1.12.2015

Done?


My life as I have known it
Is taking a new turn;
One chapter is concluding,
A new one I will learn.
The fenced path I've been treading 
Is falling fast behind,
The path I now am entering
Is not quite so outlined.
Thru former days I've listened
To what's been taught to me,
And now it's time to practice
What I've been blessed to see.
Though vague is the horizon,
The Son is shining bright,
And thru the clouds He'll lead me
If I keep Him in my sight.
My learning is not over --
I've only just begun;
The sky is but the limit
Of knowledge to be won.
As I have gained good knowledge
Thru education's desk,
The school of life is shifting 
To a greater learning quest.
But, if my only goal
In all my greater learning
Is just to be esteemed,
What prize am I then earning?
Of this I am reminded,
While knowledge I desire,
That to whom much is given
Much more shall be required.

The Lord has placed before me
Some goals for which to strive:
The first, to bring Him glory;
And then to rebuild lives.
To bring my Savior glory,
I must His Word obey
With heart and soul and spirit,
In ALL I do and say.
And to the world around me
I must reflect the Lord,
And live a life that draws them
And points them to His Word.

Our Country's quickly falling
From what it once has been,
The values once held dearly
Are fain replaced by sin.
Great is the Foe's destruction
In homes across the land --
Disintegrating families
Uncertain of God's plan.
Lives are lost and dying
Untouched by Jesus' love,
They've tasted not His goodness
And graciousness thereof.
I'm called to be a lighthouse
In this dark night at sea,
A beacon warning others
Of dangers hard to see.
A shelter, strong and stable,
That's anchored to the Rock.
A warm haven of refuge,
From harsh storm winds a block.
A place the lost and weary
May come and find relief,
A light bewaring others of
The jagged rocky reef.
I'm not asked to fulfill
This calling all alone,
But with my family --
Christ shining in our home.
Time is quickly passing,
Still much have I to learn
For the wisdom from Above
My heart doth strongly yearn.
I'm cherishing the lessons
That have been taught to me,
While boldly pressing forward
to be what I should be.
No, I am not done learning;
I've only just begun,
And I'll continue learning
Until My race is run.

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do… reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."                                      
~ Philippians 3:13, 14

No comments:

Post a Comment