4.07.2018

It’s Not The End


I watched as my dreams began to crumble
Like autumn leaves upon the road I trod,
No matter where I placed my feet
My plans all shattered on the street
Everything I’d worked for seemed as naught.
With tears and sweat I labored for this day
Just to wake up and see it all was swept away.
Could I find a brand new start?
Or would that also fall apart?
Was there more to life than being a slave?


“Take heart, My son,” I heard my Father say,
“You’re not the only one I have led along this way.
I know it confounds the wise,
Don’t let it take you by surprise,
The seeds I plant to bring forth fruit must first die.
It’s not the end.”

Joseph I led through Egypt’s dungeon,
Jeremiah I placed within the mire.
Daniel who was good and true
To the hungry lions’ mouths I threw,
Three Hebrew friends I led into the fire.
Then one dark day, long ago, I came,
And in the eyes of men I threw my life away.
But what the world would hide from view
Are the vict’ries that ensued,
And I have a broader plan for you.

​“Take heart, My son,” I heard my Father say,
“You’re not the only one I have led along this way.
I know it confounds the wise,
Don’t let it take you by surprise,
The seeds I plant to bring forth fruit must first die.
It’s not the end.”
​
And just before the dawn the night is darkest,
And when all hope is gone My glory shines brightest.

“Take heart, My son,” I heard my Father say,
“You’re not the only one I have led along this way.
I know it confounds the wise,
Don’t let it take you by surprise,
The seeds I plant to bring forth fruit must first die.
It’s not the end.”

1 comment: